- This event has passed.
The Science of Spraypainting Workshops (4 sessions)
20/02/2020 @ 2:30 pm - 21/02/2020 @ 5:30 pm£10
A tutored, practical and creative spraypaint and street art workshop aimed at young people as part of The Brighton Science Festival Hands-On Half Term.
- What is a hydro-dip?
- How can you create tie-dye in seconds?
These questions and much more will be answered in this very special experience!
Course tutor, Sarah from STREET ART SCHOOL will be offering an amazing and affordable opportunity for attendees to make a piece of art in a special 1-hour workshop. This session is designed to get your creative juices flowing and also highlight some fun scientific facts and experiments with pressurised paints.
You will learn:
– Health and safety with a spray can.
– Some tricks and experiments to amaze your friends and family.
– To create a stunning original layered artwork using freehand and stencils, which you get to take home with you.
– If you are bringing a parent – you can teach them not to overthink their artwork!
If parents want to stay to observe, please be aware that space is limited.
4 SESSIONS AVAILABLE:
- THURSDAY 20/02/2020, 14:30-15.45
- THURSDAY 20/02/2020, 16:15-17:30
- FRIDAY 21/02/2020, 14:30-15.45
- FRIDAY 21/02/2020, 16:15-17:30
£10 per person, per session.
PS. Once you book, you will be given Sarah’s ‘phone number by message for emergencies.
PPS. The slot is one hour and 15 mins for health & safety training and experiments. Please be prompt! If you miss your health & safety training you will not be able to do the workshop.
SUITABLE FOR AGES: 8 – 18 (parents are also welcome to attend – tickets are required to take part)
ANY QUERIES? Please contact the course facilitator, Sarah Gillings, directly on email@example.com
Buy tickets to reserve your place here.
ABOUT THE VENUE:
The workshop will take place in the Conclave Events Space, located in the basement of CONCLAVE GALLERY, 9 Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3WA.
NB. The space is accessed via the gallery, and then down a flight of 14 stairs; there is no lift available, sorry!