- Artist: Girl Shit
- Title: Breathe From The Heart (from the Vanitas for Girls series)
- Medium: Gocco print, hand-tinted with ink, plus 24ct real GOLD LEAF in a standard cardboard mount.
- Size: 9″ x 7″ in mount (approx. A5 unmounted)
- Status: limited-edition of 100
- Signed and numbered by the artist
- FRAMING OPTIONS AVAILABLE (please specify in variants)
- Unframed Cost: £25
What is a Gocco Print?
Gocco (プリントゴッコ, Purinto Gokko, “Print Gocco”) is a self-contained compact colour printing system invented in 1977 by Noboru Hayama. Gocco became immensely popular in Japan and it is estimated that one-third of Japanese households own a Print Gocco system. The printing mechanism is that of screen printing. The Gocco sets included the materials and tools to both make the screens, and to use these screens for printing. As the Gocco screens are quite small, they were most widely used for printing greeting cards, a popular need within Japanese culture. Gocco could also print to fabrics, although only across a small area. The Gocco printing screens did offer good registration, so two or more colour printing was practical and popular.
The name “print gocco” is derived from the Japanese word gokko (ごっこ), loosely translated as make-believe play. Riso Kagaku president Noboru Hayama explained, “We [as kids] learned rules and knowledge through make-believe play. The spirit of play is an important cultural asset. I thought that I wanted to leave “play” in the product’s name.”
See more here.
- Framing options:
- We recommend presenting this in an 8″x10″ frame with work held behind an additional mount (to protected the gold leaf from the surface of the glass) +£12.
- Frame colour options: Black/White
- Mount colour options: White/Cream/Grey/Black
- NB. Where a white frame with white mount is selected, the second (smaller) off-white mount will be removed to avoid the colour/tonal “clash”.
- Delivery Costs:
- For orders totalling £30 or more: free delivery for Brighton & Hove addresses (UK postcode areas BN1, BN2, BN3, BN41, BN42).
- For orders totalling £50 or more: free delivery for addresses within 15 miles of Brighton (see this map for areas covered
- For orders under these values / outside the free delivery areas, UK P&P costs are as follows:
- unframed: +£4.00
- 8″x10″ framed: +£5.50
- For deliveries outside the UK, please contact us by email first to get a P&P quote.
- Collection in person from the gallery at a later date is always free – please select the “local pickup” option at checkout.
PLEASE ONLY SELECT A FREE DELIVERY OPTION IF YOUR TOTAL ORDER VALUE AND DELIVERY ADDRESS MEET THE CRITERIA ABOVE. Thank you! Any non-qualifying orders that select an incorrect delivery option will be contacted via email and offered an alternative.
THIS PRODUCT AND ORDER CANNOT BE CANCELLED AND IS NON-REFUNDABLE and will be provided on the understanding you agree to its status as a bespoke, made-to-order item.
Full Terms and Conditions relating to the online sale/order of this product can be found here